Wednesday, May 2, 2007

My choice

I cannot say I have really done fishing. However, I can safely say that unless if I have beginner's luck, I will most probably be seated at the water side, waiting for nothing to surface.

This can be one of life's metaphor. We are fishing for the right fish that will give us the satisfaction and fulfilment for all the time we have wasted at the water side. However, let's face the truth. If you catch one fish, that fish will never be the right one, for you will want to catch another one. If you do not catch anything, your patience will wear out and in the end, you will be disillusioned and say something like, "There is no fish which deserves my time and efforts."

So what do we want? I cannot answer for you. I walk with my eyes blind to the world around me, be it friends or family, for I reckon they will not have the answer for me. Hope is what people say when they face difficulties. They want a miracle to happen.

Come on. Hope is just simply a carrot hanging in front of a donkey, plodding it to move on. Hope is the denial of reality. I choose to remove the carrot and walk with my eyes open.

No comments: